Libby Baney, partner at Faegre Baker Daniels Consulting and senior advisor to ASOP Global, an international non-profit organization dedicated to protecting consumers from illegal online drug sellers joins eHealth Radio and the Pharmaceutical & Health News Channels.
ASOP Global recently launched a campaign to educate pharmacists, doctors and other healthcare providers about illegal online pharmacies, counterfeit medicines and the tools they need to help keep their patients safe online.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Libby Baney discuss the following:
- What is the Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies?
- Why is the focus of your new campaign healthcare providers?
- How prevalent are illegal online pharmacies?
- What are the risks associated with buying prescription drugs from illegal online pharmacies?
- Can you tell our listeners what to look out for to avoid these dangers?
Summary: What can consumers do to stay safe when shopping for medicines online? Consumers should visit www.BuySafeRx.pharmacy to verify whether a website is safe BEFORE they order any prescription medicines online. We also encourage consumers to look for websites that end in dot-pharmacy, like www.medlife.pharmacy and www.safe.pharmacy, because only entities that are approved by NABP legally qualify to have a dot-pharmacy website.