The Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies – Canada (ASOP Canada) consists of pharmacists, community pharmacies, distributors and standards organizations. ASOP Global members include pharmaceutical companies, wholesalers, parallel traders, and online intermediaries, such as logistics and postal companies, ISPs and platforms, search engines, and financial service providers that transact payments.
ASOP Canada Members
- Association des banniéres et des chaînes de pharmacies du Québec
- Association québécoise des distributeurs en pharmacie
- Bayshore – Diabetes Express
- Canadian Association of Pharmaceutical Distribution Management (CAPDM)
- Canadian Generic Pharmaceutical Association (CGPA)
- Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA)
- Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (CSHP)
- The Health Depot
- Loblaw/Shoppers Drug Mart
- McKesson Canada
- Neighbourhood Pharmacy Association of Canada
- OnPharm-United Pharma Group
- Pangea Group
ASOP Canada Observers
- GS1 Canada
- Healthcare Excellence Canada
- Mohawk Medbuy
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy (NABP)
- National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA)
ASOP Canada’s members are dedicated to increasing patient safety online and campaigning for tough action against illegal online sellers of falsified or substandard medicines. . Our goal is to make positive change to improve patient safety online and ensure that Canada plays an important role in combatting this growing challenge to the country’s public health, safety and security.
Partners are kept abreast of developments by newsletters and ASOP Global’s four quarterly teleconference jurisdictional meetings connecting all Members and Observers worldwide.
- Advance patient safety in Canada
- Help determine and drive the organization’s Canada work plan, including:
- Steer and participate in meetings with Canadian government officials and lawmakers;
- Influence the annual strategy;
- Share insights and data;
- Have access to ASOP Global’s “one-stop shop” of resources and information related to illegal online sales and Internet pharmacy policy issues;
- Get focused attention from ASOP Global to connect with your goals in Canada
Observers support ASOP Global’s work and mission within Canada and abroad but prefer to not join as a Member due to the nature of their organization, their bylaws or internal policy on membership in coalitions, and/or in light.
If you would like to join ASOP Canada as either a member or observer, please contact Dani Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org